Thursday, August 25, 2011

Icthyosis Vulgaris on Nipples

I underwent biopsy surgery for a bump on my left breast once. The doctor-interns/residents were arguing that I might have something more because my nipples and areola were flaking and had a thick crust of skin on it that would molt and fall off. It seemed very unusual for a teenager to have back then and was thought to be a troubling sign for other breast conditions. The surgeon told them to shut up, he told them I had Icthyosis Vulgaris. They asked, how did he know? Surgeon says the patient told me so. And he went back to doing the biopsy.

Okay, so I guess its really important to note your medical history whenever you are in treatment for something. Young doctors can't help nitpicking everything they notice on your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment